Monday, 20 October 2014

Thame Arts and Literary Festival

I was the official photographer for the Thame Arts and Literary Festival this month, and got some great pics of Michael Heseltine and Jonathan Dimbleby on BBC Radio 4's Any Questions. It was certainly a very varied and interesting festival, with a topical focus this year, on WWI. Among the better-known authors speaking, was the author of War Horse, Michael Morpurgo, pictured below.

These kinds of events can be useful for inspiration. The Thame Arts and Literary Festival had writing workshops, film events, a Midsummer Murders Walk, speakers, music, a comedian, and a wide variety of authors present. Here are a few of my pics.





 

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I think there's an article idea here on how to take photos for a literary festival!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure I'm an expert... I was roped in at the last minute! Pleased with the results though. I was trying to get action, rather than boring shots of people just standing there. :-) I've been thinking about how I could use the whole experience for a writing magazine, and that's a good idea. I totally forgot to take notes, despite dragging my note book around all weekend, but I scribbled a few thoughts down afterwards. :-)

      Delete